Unfortunately we are now closed until further noticeFind out more
Why Our Pub is Great
Whether you’re a local or just passing through, we think you’ll agree that The Swan and Cygnet pub is a great place to eat out in Wakefield. We’ve pulled out all the stops to create a warm, family-friendly pub environment that puts great food centre stage.
Fancy a roast? You’ve come to the right place. Our traditional carvery is a local legend. Choose from three perfectly roasted meats or a veggie option and pile your plate with Yorkshires, stuffing, veg, and gravy. For the extra hungry, we even do pigs in blankets or a king-sized carvery plate with more meat, Yorkshires, and stuffing.
If a proper pub meal is more your thing, we’ve got a full menu of the all-time greats. Feast your eyes—and your stomach—on real fish ‘n’ chips, battered with Marston’s Pedigree ale. Or Red Tractor farm assured chicken, served your way with a choice of finish, topping, and sides. We serve a full range of sides, which you can add to any meal. And you can even swap certain elements of menu meals to create your own dinner. We serve Breakfast Saturdays & Sundays 10:00 till 11:30am.
Our sweet selection is probably the most decadent in Wakefield! Don’t worry if you can’t finish it: our Cake Carry Out service means you can take the rest home to enjoy later.
Our Pub Facilities
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our food
Our food is full of flavour, created and served by chefs who love what they do. We believe that great tastes should be at the heart of every meal, and we strive to bring you a menu that reflects the preferences of the whole family. From traditional roasts, to more modern options, healthy eaters to vegetarians, there’s plenty on our menu to satisfy everyone.
All of our ingredients are ethically sourced: like our Red Tractor farm-assured chicken and our responsibly-caught cod.View our Menus